Friday, October 31, 2014

8th week journal

This week, we learnt the algorithm of insertion sort. We derived the exact form of the W(IS) and determined the upper bound and lower bound. We learnt how to prove the time complexity of the insertion sort. First, we need to analyze the sorting method and define the worst case. 'O' is the upper bound and the 'Omega' is the lower bound.

We need to get familiar with how the sorting methods works and practice a lot of proofs. I found that analyzing the steps that we are going through the sorting methods are hard. But once I get familiar with the sort and the knowledge with the 108 of python code, I think it will become easier. And proofs need a lot of practice. I think after I finish the assignment 2, I will get more familiar with the techniques that I can use in the proofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment