From reading others' slogs, I know that many of them have taken MAT137 or other intensive math course before. So many of them have already done lots of proofs, and just relearning some of the concepts like limits and induction in this course. I don't have this advantage. Especially when it came to this week topic. Induction is very unfamiliar to me. We continued on the topics of computability and countability. The most important concept here is that countable is listable, So when we say a set is countable, it also need to be listable. Also, there is another techniques for proofs is induction. This technique is used to establish a given statement for all natural numbers. So basically the base case implies the behaviours for all the same behaviour in all the following steps. Those steps are called inductive steps. I am really confused about this week materials too.
And my group has already done the assignment 3. Question 5 was the most challenging question to us and we spent lots of time to it. For question 6, we spent a lot of time understanding this concept together. We followed the structure on course note and slides, and hope it will be correct since it makes sense to us. Next week is the last week of the semester and we are going to do reviews.
Overall, I enjoyed this course a lot. I like the professor and the TA. The tutorials, lectures and assignments helped a lot! And also the piazza!! It is very helpful and I also got lots of hints for the assignments from there. Hope the final will go well!
No comments:
Post a Comment